Should you be a stay-at-home mum, have time on your hands, and want to make extra money to boost your income, then you can start making cash from the comfort of your sofa. Admittedly, there will be a little work involved, especially with the first item you find on our list, but once the money starts rolling in, you will discover your efforts are totally worth it.
Consider the following ways to make money from your home.
- Begin your own business. From selling your baked goods to caring for other people’s kids, you can find a variety of home business ideas here. You will need to report your income to the tax man, of course, and you will need to manage your accounts (speak to an accountant), but starting your own business could be the best thing you do today.
- Sell your stuff. You were probably thinking about decluttering anyway, so what better way to get rid of your unwanted items than by making money from them. Toys, books, clothes, DVDs, jewellery…you can sell almost anything, but remember to get them valued before you do, as you may have some collectible items within your collection. Advertise them on social media or through an ecommerce site, and then use a reputable courier – we favour DPD Local Online – to transport your goods safely.
- Browse the internet. Okay, so this is one way to deplete your money, especially when you spot a bargain you simply must have! However, it is possible to pick up a bargain that is worth a lot more than the seller’s price, so keep an eye out for any collectible items on Amazon and eBay (other sellers are available), snap them up, and then sell them at a greater price. Another way to make money by browsing the internet is to use Qmee.com, a service that rewards you for simply searching the web. Install their add-on into your browser, and you will get paid for doing next to nothing. Result!
- Create a website. Don’t worry; you don’t have to have an advanced degree in web design, so it’s okay if you don’t know the first thing about computer coding. Not many of us do, and why should we, when there are so many website builders that can help us set something up within a couple of hours. Your website could be used for many things, from selling your stuff to displaying adverts. Check out this article for the many ways you can make money from a website.
- Enter competitions. You don’t have to be a brainbox for many of the competitions online. Some of them are incredibly easy, and require little more than a Google search to find an answer, while others are a lot more challenging. From answering questions to creating slogans, become a professional comper (it is a real word) and use the range of competition sites online. After all, you have to be in it to win it! And even if you win something you don’t want, you can still sell it on to make yourself some extra cash.
We hope you find our ideas profitable, but if you know of any other ways to make money from home, be sure to let us know. Good luck and thanks for reading!