You don’t need to be vegan to enjoy this delicious recipe, it’s perfect for those with milk and egg allergies too!
This recipe makes 8 muffins.
100ml Alpro Cashew Drink
2 tbsp Coconut oil
2tbsp Peanut butter
100g Self raising flour
40g Golden Granulated Sugar (or brown sugar is fine)
1tsp Salted Caramel flavouring
- Sieve the flour and sugar into your mixing bowl, then slowly add the cashew drink (stirring with a wooden spoon).
2. Put the peanut but and coconut oil in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 3o seconds. Coconut oil is solid at room temperature, so this helps with the mixing process.
3. The peanut butter and coconut oil should have semi melted, mix it so it’s a smooth liquid (it will be very gooey in texture).
4. Add the gooey liquid to the mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Add the salted caramel flavouring and carry on mixing.
6. Share out between 8 cupcake/muffin cases and cook for 18 minutes at 190 (gas mark 5) with your oven set to ‘conventional’.
Please note: some ovens may vary and fan assisted ovens should be turned to a lower heat (around 170) and checked more frequently.
7. Sit back and enjoy! I found them to be particularly tasty whilst they were still a little bit warm. Yum!