Medical loans offered by the state and federal government does not only serve the purpose of the people finding it difficult to deal with their medical bills but it is also aimed at providing the desired boost to health care, especially in the rural sectors. This is targeted at both physical as well as mental health of the people living in the rural counties.
There are several different repayment programs offered by the state that are designed typically with intent to increase the access of people to health care facilities both different types of medical treatments for physical ailments, mental conditions as well as addiction services.
- The Department of Health aims to entice the health care professionals to work in the rural counties of different states by offering help to them to pay off their student loans.
- The government think that such programs will allure more and more qualified health care professionals to work in the rural communities providing and expanded access for the people residing there to quality medical treatment procedures.
Working in collaboration with the Federal Health Resources and Services Administration, the Health Care Professional Recruitment and Retention Fund program’s primary objective is to encourage health care professionals and practitioners from different related disciplines to practice in a particular region that is federally designated and experiencing significant impact on the health of the residents poor medical care systems and low access to medical care facilities.
Loans for health care
There are also several types of loans offered by the government to the patients in US to get better health care. A few of these loans are no-interest loans. This is same as the zero-interest financing that you typically find in a furniture store or in a car dealership that usually cats as a sales incentive. However, this type of loaning has also stepped into a big-ticket customer marketplace: doctors’ and the dentists’ offices.
- Though it is nothing new or unusual for people taking on debt to pay their medical bills, this type of financing is just a small fraction of the $900 billion market of revolving credit of the nation.
- These loans have helped the people to match up with the rising price of health care. Seeing the high scope in this particular segment the big lenders have already found a strong foothold in this new area and there are several other sources such as https://www.libertylending.com/ apart from the traditional banks that you may find such loans being offered.
- In fact, this type of personal loan has become one of the most rapidly growing segments as far as consumer credit is concerned.
- Working shoulder to shoulder with the major banks and several financial institutions, the big insurers are also gaining much profit from this sector by designing newer and better financing plans and much more flexible payback options.
- In addition to that you will also find that there are several upstart players that have also cut useful and effective deals with the doctors and dentists aggressively.
All these show that in this specific segment there is enough room for expansion. In addition to that such loans will provide help to the US patients to meet with the out of pocket expenses. This is possible due to three specific factors such as:
- The rising deductibles
- Co-payment options and
- Other related costs with the medical processes.
The basic fact that more and more costs are shifted by the hospitals and clinics to the consumers, even those who have an adequate health insurance will need more credit to finance their out-of-pocket expenses even if they go for the most basic health care and medical treatment procedures.
This is because there is no denial to the fact that people will always need health care no matter how costly a medical process they have to undergo.
However, the zero-interest loans are not suitable for everyone as these are available only to those patients who are creditworthy. In a nutshell it means that it will not help any of those 47 million uninsured patients of the nation who find it difficult to manage their finance in such situations.
Adding to their woes, the banks and other financial institutions are now stricter in judging the creditworthiness of a person especially in the wake of the significant impact of the subprime mortgage crisis on the finance market.
On the other hand, even for those people who have a good enough credit score to get an approval can only make these loans work for their benefit when they make their payments on time and pay it off fully within the predetermined schedule which is typically 12 months. This is because these loans typically carry a high 20% or more interest after defaults making it much similar to those credit card debts.
In short it means, if you do not have the means to repay the loan you will find the desired treatments out of your reach.
Reasons to get a personal loan
All these point out towards taking out a personal loan and there are several good reasons for it. It makes a lot more sense to take out a personal loan as there are several options and sources for it.
However, you will need to choose the right type of loan so that you can save money in the end as well as pay off your medical debts convincingly. Therefore, when you look at the loan options make sure that you look for these following factors:
- The annual percentage rate – This includes the rate of interest of the loan as well as all fees associated with it.
- The loan term – This is the period within which you will have to repay the loan back. This term will affect the amount of interest that you pay eventually every month.
- Fixed or variable interest – These are the two typical forms of charging interest in which the fixed rate will ensure that the payable amount does not change throughout the loan term.
Also check the origination fee to make sure that you do not pay over and above the amount you owe to the medical provider.